from PRUDENCE MD's BLOG
Prudence, M.D. |
| Controversial Provision Will Be Looked Into By Senate President Posted: 23 Jan 2008 11:52 PM CST It’s good that somebody have heeded the warning and stepped on the brakes before more damage could be done. Senate President Manny Villar said he would look into the controversial provision in the Cheaper Medicines Bill that is being discussed by the bicameral conference committee, taking note that the concern of issue shouldn’t only be towards the patients, but towards the doctors as well:
Senator Mar Roxas, principal author of the Senate version of the bill, also has this to say:
While I’m glad that sincere warnings had been heeded, I’m just wary about the way politicians are handling this issue. With the 2010 elections looming, it appears to me that, suddenly, every politician has the “people’s welfare” in mind. It is good that they’re, thus, working (or making it appear that they are working) so that the public may reap the benefits of such. I’m just quite uncomfortable at the reasons they give for such hard work. I think I’d rather hear them say that they’re doing such because it is the right thing to do, not because “it is for the people’s welfare”, as the latter sounded as if they’re giving us a favor and thus, we should give something back. So, my advice these days for everyone: don’t drop your guard. |

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home